Welcome to Lotus Books, Downtown Cranbrook’s destination for book lovers.
An independent bookstore serving independent-minded readers for 42 years and counting!
Meet Rosie, Feline Overlord at Lotus Books.
A family-friendly bookstore in the heart of Downtown, we have been serving Cranbrook and area for over 40 years. We offer a wide selection of titles for all ages and interests, and if we don’t have what you’re looking for, we’re happy to track it down. Special orders are always welcome, whether it’s an obscure indie publication, an out-of-print title, or that book you heard about on CBC. Visit our online catalogue (updated nightly) to check our inventory in real time or to place an order.
Our friendly and knowledgeable staff are ready to help you find just the right book. Check out our Staff Picks for ideas – and of course we’re always excited to talk about our own latest finds, if you need a recommendation!
We also feature:
• An ever-changing variety of gift items, including teas, funky mugs, jewelry, works by local artisans, and much more!
• Greeting cards for every occasion
• Journals, boxed notecards & stationary
• Puzzles & games
• Fine-quality Japanese and North American incense
• Tarot/Angel cards and pendulums
• Tumbled stones and rock crystals
• Imaginative Klutz books and activity sets for the kids
• The only place in town to buy topographical maps of the region
• Tickets to local theatre and music productions
• Book-signing events and author readings
• Two big armchairs for reading
• Rosie the Cat, who loves (gentle) strokes on her head
• Gift cards so your friends and family can enjoy their own bookstore experience
Take a wander through our web catalogue, or skip on over to our Calendar for upcoming events.