Welcome to Lotus Books, downtown Cranbrook’s destination for book lovers.
An independent bookstore serving
independent-minded readers for the last 42 years.
Helping passionate readers of all ages and temperaments find their next great read.
Hi, I’m Erin Dalton, owner of Lotus Books.
I and my staff welcome you to an oasis of book-browsing bliss where you’ll discover a generous selection of titles—from current and classic fiction to psychology, science, spirituality and crafts. (And LOTS more, of course.)
We are up-to-date booksellers, offering at-home ordering via our web catalogue, where you can see exactly which books are on our shelves. (Updated every single night.)
And for out-of-stock (or even out-of-print) books, we can search and special-order them to save you time and hassle. Just call us and tell us what you’re looking for: (250) 426-3415
There’s more to reading than just ‘the cheapest’ books.
Books build understanding, and understanding builds communities, second-families, kindred friendships and self-awareness.
That’s why we’re in this business—to elevate the people we serve in the community we love.
And yes, there’s more to Lotus Books than just books.
• The only place in town (weird but true) to buy topographical maps of the region
• A specially-curated section of board games and puzzles
• Beautiful, un-Hallmark-y cards for every occasion
• Tickets to local theatre and music productions
• Book-signing events and readings
• Lotus Events: Musical guests make tour stops at Lotus every month or so
• CDs, from indie folk and Zen flute to Putamayo world-beat
• Funny-but-useful mugs, magnets, notebooks and Post-It Notes
• Subtle, fine-quality Japanese and North American incense
• Tarot/Angel cards and hand-crafted crystal pendulums
• Canadian Literary magazines
• (#) magazine titles, including Tricycle, The Economist and Parabola
• Journals—from classic Moleskin notebooks to rich leatherbound personal artifacts worthy of your most meaningful scribbles
• Hand-painted glass tea pots and elegant porcelain tea sets
• Tumbled stones and rock crystals
• Silver, wood and lampglass earrings
• Imaginative Klutz books and activity sets for the kids
• Two big armchairs for reading
• Rosie the Cat, who loves (gentle) strokes on her head
• Gift cards so your friends and family can purchase anything they like from the above (except the two armchairs and Rosie, of course)
We want to be your favourite book store and we serve you with that in mind.
Take a wander through our web catalogue, or skip on over to our Calendar for upcoming events.
Thanks for considering the Lotus Books experience!
“Independent bookstores serve independent readers.”